Swedish Sponge Cloth - Chicken Scratch
Swedish Sponge Cloths measure approximately 8" x 6.5" and
Swedish Sponge Towels measure approximately 11.75" x 10"
What is a Swedish Sponge Cloth?
Made from cotton and plant-based cellulose fibers, these 100% natural and compostable cloths are an established must-have in Scandinavia. They can hold 15x their weight in water making them highly absorbent. Quick-drying, you'll be amazed at how odor-free they are! Use in place of paper towels and plastic sponges. Each Swedish dishcloth can be washed up to 200+ times, equaling nine months (or more) of total use.
How to use the Swedish Sponge Cloth:
Simply soak in water to soften and then use how you would a paper towel or regular sponge. Use to wipe counters, scrub dishes, clean appliances, wipe windows, polish surfaces and more!
How to care for your Swedish Sponge Cloth:
To clean, toss in the washing machine or place on the top rack of the dishwasher. Lay flat to dry. When your Swedish sponge cloth has reached the end of its lifecycle (9 months or even more!), toss in the compost.
No matter how you use them, Swedish sponge cloths:
• Don’t attract lint
• Keep surfaces streak-free
• Easily sweep away dirt and dust
• Stay super absorbent to mop up drips and spills
• Are safe for countertops, granite, stainless steel, and glass
• Give polish and shine to windows, stainless steel appliances, faucets, and more!
Here are a few of our favorite uses for Ecologie Swedish Sponge Cloths:
• Washing and scrubbing dishes
• Polishing silverware
• Mopping up spills
• Cleaning dirt off of vegetables like lettuce, mushrooms, green peppers, and more
• Wiping off your dog’s coat and paws after a trip outside in the rain, dirt, or snow
• Giving your child a brightly patterned, fun way to wash off in the tub
• Scrubbing built-up grime and dirt from your tub and shower
• Giving your windows a streak-free shine during your next spring cleaning session
• Polishing fingerprints and streaks off of your stainless steel appliances
• Washing dust, cobwebs, and dirt off of your household walls
• Detailing the inside or outside of your car (don’t forget the windows!)
• Wiping up spills from countertops, floors, and cupboards
• Wiping dust, dirt, and grime off of kitchen and household surfaces
• Dusting off your shelves, overhead fan blades, and countertops
What is a Swedish Dishcloth made of?
Each Swedish dishcloth is made of 70% sustainably-sourced cellulose and 30% cotton. The cotton comes from “waste cotton”, meaning it’s made from the cotton fibers that are too short for the textile industry and would otherwise just become waste. Because each Swedish dishcloth is 100% compostable, this allows us to recycle cotton in a safe, unique, and environmentally friendly way.
Where are your Swedish Dishcloths made?
Swedish dishcloths from Ecologie are authentically made in Sweden (after all, it is the birthplace of the Swedish dishcloths). The screen printing process ensures that all of the designs are expertly placed for long-lasting, beautiful, and always-vibrant color.