Ceylon Orange Pekoe Tea
Kenilworth Estate is known around the world for its strong full-bodied flavor and is considered to be the hallmark of Ceylon medium grown teas. A scenic area filled with waterfalls, forest land and tea plantations on the outskirts of the mountains in Sabaragamuwa province of Sri Lanka - pure, healthy air, much rain, and brilliant sunshine give this Estate Ceylon tea its classic, fresh aroma. Big, bright, golden, fragrant liquor. Long, handsome leaves.
- Single-estate premium Ceylon black tea
- Loose leaf orange pekoe tea
- Origin: Sri Lanka, Lumbini Estate
- Note: Does not contain any orange. The tea type references the color of royalty.
- Lifestyle-Friendly: Vegan, Paleo, Keto, Kosher-certified facility
- Caffeine: High
Black Tea is known to banish fatigue, stimulate mental powers, and raise energy levels. It has been shown to reduce stress hormone levels and acts as a nerve sedative, frequently relieving headaches. Black tea contains a number of vitamins considered essential for maintaining health, including Carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, has antioxidant and protective properties, Vitamin B1 and Panothenic Acid, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
Black Tea also contains antioxidants which may help to protect your body from the ravages of aging and environmental effects. Because they are allowed to ferment completely before drying, most black teas are especially rich in those polyphenols which have been shown to be effective against dementia in aging as well as AIDS related dementia. These compounds penetrate the blood brain barrier and have also been found to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
Black tea is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties. It can be topically applied to cuts, bruises and burns, and is famous for its sunburn relief and has been shown to have a positive effect on preventing tooth decay and gum disease.
Ingredients: black tea
- Small: approximately .2 ounces/8 grams - makes about 4 cups of hot tea
- Medium: approximately .6 ounces/17 grams - makes about 8 or 9 cups of hot tea
- Large: approximately 1 ounce/27 grams - makes about 12 to 15 cups of hot tea
- Extra Large: approximately 2 ounces/54+ grams - makes about 24 to 30 cups of hot tea
Vendor: The Tea Spot in Boulder, Colorado