Lactation Herbal Tea
Some say breast milk is one of the most perfect substances a new baby can consume and is uniquely suited to their nutritional needs. The importance of healthy, bountiful and consistent lactation is important not only for the baby but the mother as well. The herbs we include provide the following benefits:
- Contains phytoestrogens that mimic estrogen which is the most critical hormone for breast milk production and supply.
- Contains herbal galactagogues which increase the flow of breast milk, usually by increasing prolactin levels.
- Contains essential nutrients, amino acids, flavonoids and vitamins which are beneficial for lactating mothers to provide an ample supply.
- Contains nervines that act upon the nervous system that are sedating or calming which may help mother’s relax enough for easy lactation.
Ingredients: *Alfalfa Leaf, *Blessed Thistle, *Fennel Seed, *Fenugreek Seed, *Hop Flower, *Milk Thistle Seed, *Nettle Leaf, *Raspberry Leaf, *Shatavari Root
- Small: approximately .2 ounces/8 grams - makes about 4 cups of hot tea
- Medium: approximately .6 ounces/17 grams - makes about 8 or 9 cups of hot tea
- Large: approximately 1 ounce/27 grams - makes about 12 to 15 cups of hot tea
Vendor: Vana Tisanes in Cambria, California, USA